Sunday, May 24, 2009

3%~


One of my favorite things about having an Etsy store is getting to create special one-of-kind items for people. Even better than that is when these people share the stories that inspire their special requests.


Recently I had a customer request one of my custom pillows with "3%" on it. Her story was just lovely, so I asked her if I could share it with my readers. Lynn and her husband were struggling with infertility and had received news that they only had a 3% chance of ever being able to conceive.


In her words...


"Going through infertility is still such a big secret we all keep. I think that is why when some women (like myself) go through it it is quite lonely. We had gone through numerous treatments and three IVF's. All failed - zero fertilization - egg issue. To get that 3% news was beyond devastating. Fast forward a few years and what I thought was a bad case of the flu turned out to be me 12 weeks pregnant. Took the pregnancy test and heard his heartbeat all in the same day! Zach is 3 1/2 now. There is not a day that goes by that I don't just look at him in awe that he is ours. I feel truly blessed and I am a very thankful mom! "


She wanted the pillow because whenever anything seems impossible or difficult for her and for her husband, they look at one another and simply say "3% chance."


Having struggled with infertility for about 5 years prior to the birth of our first child, I related in a very real and personal way to this story. It meant the world to me to be able to create something for this family that has such a wonderful story behind it.


Thanks Lynn!


Isn't life wonderful?~

No comments:

Post a Comment