Monday, May 25, 2009

The Chandelier Was Out There Waiting


The next project for the girl's bedroom is lighting, and I hoped a shopping trip this past weekend would result in finding a unique chandelier for the space.


It did! I needed to stop by a local lamp shop, Naomi's, to find lamp shades for a client and to get a pair of lamps rewired (more about that project later). As soon as I walked in the door, a chandelier caught my eye. I immediately knew it was perfect for this bedroom...as long as the numbers on the tag didn't persuade me otherwise. Luckily they didn't!


It is very very sparkly which pleases the "client", Isabella, who is having a strong opinion about all the choices! It is also a somewhat unlikely choice, more predictable would have been a delicate chandelier with a white finish. The gold adds another dimension to the room and will make more sense once the antique table lamps I am having rewired are brought in, which have a small gold detail.

I couldn't wait to get the chandelier hung, and found an hour to install it before heading to a friend's house for a BBQ. Returning home as the sun was going down, we turned on the chandelier and were delighted to see its crystals cast prisms around the room, making the turquoise walls shimmer like water. I think Sherwin-Williams got it right when they named this paint color Watery!

No comments:

Post a Comment