Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fun with Chalkboard Paint~

I'm sure most of you have seen this idea...but I thought I'd share it with you again!

I am enamoured with chalkboard paint! It is just so much fun! I had seen chalkboards made from silver trays, and although I have a couple of silver trays that I rarely use, I was hesitant to actually paint one of them. Then when I was at the dollar store with the kiddos, I found this little "silver" tray. I loved the beaded edge, and thought it would make a fun chalkboard. So I snatched it up.


Like my reflection? Yeah, I'm kind of a geek that way!

The tray was really easy to paint... and I didn't bother taping it off because it had a ridge which formed a natural guide (and I was able to easily scrape away the couple of spots where my hand wasn't as steady as I'd like.) TIP: before using a painted chalkboard...make sure you "season" it by rubbing the entire surface with the side of a piece of chalk and then washing it off. This allows the surface to be written on smoothly without "holding on to" individual lines.


It sure turned out cute...and I love the little bit of "elegance" that it adds to this little grouping on my kitchen counter!

Don't miss a fabulous giveaway from Lewa's Designs over at Kimba's blog today! Really fabulous. Seriously!

AND Don't Forget The FRUGAL FRIDAY LINKY PARTY is TOMORROW!! Come link up and share your great Frugal Decorating Ideas!! I can't wait to see what all my talented readers come up with this time!! Hope to you see you all there!~

No comments:

Post a Comment