Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day #2

A happy Sunday morning to everyone and a special Mother's Day greeting to all the mothers out there.

I'm being sneaky with this card by posting it at the eleventh hour. This is another Mother's Day card. I've made this one for my sister--I think she's an amazing mother to my two nieces. A little problem with this card is I don't want my sister to see it before she gets it--she visits my blog. I'll be giving it to her at lunch today. I'm hoping she won't boot up her computer this morning, so the card will be a surprise. LOL.

Here's the card I've created.



I am using this fabulous sketch provided at the Ismaki challenge blog. This is a new blog for me. I like this sketch--sooo...many details, so it did take longer than usual.


I'm using the Tilda with garland in her hair, sooo.... adorable. The other stamp images I've used, the butterfly swirl, the border image at the left and the Mother's Day, are all stamped using Colorbox colonial blue pigment ink stamp pad and I've added clear embossing powder on them (melted with a heat gun) to make the images stand out more.

I ended up using the 3 pure white flower near the top left corner. I initally had other coloured flowers there, but they looked buried against the dark background. The white flowers stand out more.

And the card inside looks like this.


The butterfly swirl image is the same one I used in front, stamped and embossed the same way.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Stamps: Magnolia #214 Flower Garland in Hair, Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps Spring Swirl and Stampology On the Edge. Unknown maker of Mother's Day stamp.Papers: Creative Imaginations

No comments:

Post a Comment