Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finished Sunburst Mirror - Can I Keep It?


I ADORE this sunburst mirror, now that it has undergone a bit of work! To transform the mirror from its original gold finish the surface was sanded, primed, painted an off white, followed by a thin layer of a taupe/silver glaze. I just finished the work and propped it up on my living room mantel to get a look at it...now I am wondering how fast I can get to Home Goods to see if the second one is still there. This room must have one as well!

Alas, the mirror is going to be just beautiful in my client's master bedroom. Placed above the dark wood dresser, with its wave pattern, the mirror will look stunning and will be a wonderful compliment to the lamps selected for this room. Piece by piece, this master bedroom retreat is coming together...

No comments:

Post a Comment