Sunday, May 17, 2009

Character outbuilding project - Part 2

Yesterday I posted Part One of the character outbuilding project. And here's today's progress.



I have a door! And I cheated yet again. The wood strips weren't perfect width wise and my attempt at ripping one down to fit didn't go so well, so because of the magic yet again of all those screws, I undid my work and simply respaced the boards out abit to fit. I kinda like the gaps. I hope they look intentional...




I laughed when I saw this at a garage sale for $1. and stashed it away... and I laughed as I hung it up today. Anyone else like me, where the project is FAR from completion, however it's urgent to pretty it up right away?!? Naw, I must be the only one that does that. (snicker... I know all of you better than that)


I think this was meant to be a coat hook or something. The doorknob was on it's own board so I just screwed in the whole works.

Bees are WEIRD. For most of the day they buzzed and scolded me for hangin' so near their digs, having me scream and swat and then give up on the siding. My son was on guard and he was to tell me if they started swarming around me as I worked. It got to the point where there was too much damage control, so I left for abit. Upon returning, the sun had moved leaving the building in the shade and the bees were GONE. So that's how I got to work on the door! Whadda trip.

Regardless, there's progress today! I hope to continue with hopes of getting near a finish tomorrow weather permitting. (right.. shade vs no shade LOL)

I'm liking the door very very much. :) We shall see what I do with it tomorrow. A whole new day you know...
____________________
A late entry, but better late than never! I had intended this to be a part of Melissa's Procrastination Party After Photos for this one. Eh.. what's a few days late?

No comments:

Post a Comment