Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Three-Easel Card

Happy Tuesday everyone! It's the 4th Tuesday of the month which means it's a new inspiration challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Here's what I've created for my DT card. Do you like it?


Oh, I had such a hard time with this challenge. This is the picture that Pat, our hostess for the month of April has provided for the inspiration.


I couldn't think of what to make--a mind block, until the eleventh hour I think. In desperation I just went with the 2-Tilda theme.



This here is Tilda With an Armful of Tulips from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011 from Magnolia.
Hey, I think I'm getting better with my clouds..hee hee. But yuk, I really have to work on adding the grass. Right now I suck at it...LOL.

The other Tilda I've used is also from the same collection and this one is called Tilda With Her Bunny.


Ooh, both of these images are sooo... adorable, as are the rest of the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011 that I just can't get enough of them. They are all available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.


In the process of making this card, I've a created a new type of card...woo-hoo. Or rather, I think have. What do you think? I haven't seen this type of card before, have you? You guys please let me know if you have. Please.



In the meantime, I am calling this a Three-Easel Card. It is actually 2 cards in one. The base is a gate fold card with a centre opening. You mountain-fold both side panels in half, thus you have easel #1 and easel #2. (Hint: you really really really have to put pressure on these folds because they tend to unfurl.)

Then inside the card, centered, is a mini easel card--this is your easel #3. So three-easel card!


I was trying to stay with the 2-Tilda theme, so I left the left easel image-less. And also I was rushing to finish this card...LOL. Hmm...I think I will add some punched butterflies here and there.

I am using this card as my entry for the following challenges:
All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge #9 - Marvelously Magnolia May Moments
Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge #31 - Square Challenge
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Week 36 - Springtime
7 Kids College Fund - Challenge #19 - Easter and Spring




Thank you so much for dropping by. Your visit is very much appreciated.

I hope you will join us in our inspiration challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Have a look there at the fabulous projects that the rest of DT ladies have created to help inspire you. Links to their individual blogs are at by side bar also.


Recipe:

Other stamps used: Wheelbarrow from Magnolia's Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011.

DP's: Three sheets from My Mind's Eye Playful Posies paper pad, one sheet from Provo CRaft Super Slab 10 paper pad.

Tools: Martha Stewart Halloween Fence and Grass edge punchers, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eighteen and Petite Scalloped Circle, tiny flower punch from Michaels.










No comments:

Post a Comment