Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More Butterflies - Magnolia-licious Challenge #11

Hello and a Happy Tuesday.

Today is the start of a new colour challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Pat is our host for the month of April and she has chosen the colours pink and green. Oooh, I love this combo--one of my favorites!

But first before I forget, a reminder that the Magnolia-licious Spring/Easter Extravaganza contest is still open until April 19--you have just one more week to enter your project(s). 4 chances to win the $150 and $75 gift certificates, and there are random prizes of $25 gift certificates. Click here for the details.

So now, here's my DT card.




This is the wonderful sketch that I used for the card. It's from Crafting Life's Pieces - Sketch Challenge #35.

Other challenges I'm entering:

7 Kids College Fund - Challenge #18 - Seeing spots.

Papertake Weekly - Truly Dimensional.

Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge #29 - Spring Has Sprung.

Make it Colourful
- Challenge #14 - Colouring Skies.



This is Beautiful Tilda and isn't she just that? I think of her as a butterfly fairy. She is from Magnolia's new Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011--ooh...I am just so loving this collection !!! This image/stamp is available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.

As with most of my Tilda's, I've stamped the image, coloured it and then cut it out (and the butterfly also). I stamped a second image, roughly coloured it and then did the background around the image. The cut-out Tilda and butterfly were then mounted on pieces of foam tape (or dimensionals).

Hey, how do you like the sky in the background? Annika has a fabulous tutorial on how to colour sky/clouds with Copics. I followed her instructions, but of course I used my Promarkers instead. More practicing to be done...


This is a new type of easel card they call a twisted easel card. I thought I had to try this out at least once to see if I like it...LOL. I still prefer the regular easel card though. However if you're interested in making this type of card, Pam Sparks has a wonderful tutorial (click here).


I hope you'll join us in our colour challenge. And to inspire you, have a look at the fabulous creations of my fellow DT members at the Challenge blog and to get the details, links to their individual blogs can be found there or on my side bar.

Thank you sooo... much for taking the time to drop by. Your visit is greatly appreciated. Have a fabulous week!



Recipe:

Other stamps used: Inkadinkado sentiment stamp 'It's a Beautiful Day'.

DP's: American Crafts Baby Miss Muffet, Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls Rosey Bloom, one sheet from DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girls paper pad.

Tools: Dies - Spellbinders Nestabilities Peony and a new toy that I just got, the Nesties Labels Twenty (I love this one--it's lovely, don't you think?).



Punches - Martha Stewart Pop-Up Butterfly and Floral Lace Edge punchers, MS Monarch Butterfly Medium punch, Tiny Flower punch from Michaels $1.50 bin, Punch Bunch Ash Leaf medium and small punches, for the flowers on the bottom section of the card--EK Success Retro Flower medium and small punches.

Misc.: Mark Richards and Recollections pearls, Tim Holtz distress ink pad Vintage Photo for distressing my paper edges.

Medium: Alcohol-ink markers (Promarkers, Touch and Letraset Pantone Tria markers), coloured pencils to add some shadings.


No comments:

Post a Comment