Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hoppy Hoppy Easter

Hello!

Oh I feel so bad when I don't have something to post for a while, but sometimes I'm just finding it hard to find the time to finish off my current project. Sound familiar?...LOL. But finally! Finally, I've finished this Easter card.





I've used a Magnolia image of Tilda with a resigned-to-be-hugged-looking rabbit called Tilda with Hanging Rabbit, from the just-keeps-getting-better Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011. This image and the rest of the collection are available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.


I am entering the following challenges with this card:

All That Scraps - Week 76 - Make your own flowers.
(Woo-hoo...this is right up my alley. I love doing this, but I think that's why I keep running out of time. ATS has provided links to 4 different flower tutorials, although I didn't use any of those. )

ABC DT Challenge - for April - Easter Card

Magnolia Down Under - Challenge #92 - Easter

Paper Sundaes - Challenge #65 - Texture

Stamptacular Sunday - Challenge #107 - Magnolia-licious

Cupcake Craft - Challenge #138 - Lots of Layers

Everybody-Art-Challenge - Challenge #138 - Pearls

Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge #30 - Open Challenge

Stamping for the Weekend - Challenge #7 - Easter

Creative Inspirations - Challenge #57 - Easter

Magnolia Stamp Lovers Easter Challenge


This is a side step card--I like to call it a front-panel side step card. I love this type of cards. I want to do many more of them, but...got to find the time!!! And I keep finding other new types of cards that I want to try...sigh.

Above and below are 2 views of how I decorated the inside of the card.


In keeping with the 'hoppy' theme, I've used this most adorable Bunny Tilda from the Hoppy Easter Collection 2010.

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really do appreciate your visits. Easter weekend coming. Woo-hoo.....I am so looking forward to this long weekend. I know, I know, mustn't forget the meaning behind Easter, but I am hoping for more crafting time...LOL.


Other stamp used: Stampendous Agapanthus Bloom.

DP's: We R Memory Keepers Comstock Collection Buttercup, the purple-coloured (yes, it's purple in real life, not blue like in the pictures) cardstock with the art nouveau design is from DeSerres art store--no name on the back, the other paper is a yellowish cardstock that I self-stamped.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten and Lacey Circles, Punch Bunch medium and small daisy punches, medium ash leaf, Martha Stewart Daisy Dot Edge Punch (smallest flowers for the centre).

Misc.: Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamps pads dusty concord and vintage photo, Recollections and Mark Richards pearls.
Medium: combination of alcohol-ink markers--Promarkers, Touch and Letraset Pantone Tria. Coloured pencils used to deepen the shades.




Template for the card if you're interested: cardstock size is 6 inches x 12 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment