Friday, April 8, 2011

Hello Little Butterfly

Hello everyone! Finally I have another card to show you. I love butterflies, I love flowers and I love spring. What's not to love!!!


The flowers are hand-made. I know they don't look too realistic because IRL they wouldn't all be facing towards you and I should have buds towards the top--hey, I'm still learning...LOL. I've added bits of yellow glitter glue to the butterflies.


I made this card using this wonderful sketch from Totally Gorjuss Challenge 74.

Other challenges for this card:

Creatalicious Challenges - Challenge 20 is asking for 2 colours/tones. I've tried to restrict myself to using just blue and green only. Even all the DP's only have the blue and/or green colours. But I've got bits of yellow there for the butterfly and grey for the stones. White doesn't count, does it? Oh well...

Paper Sundaes - Challenge #63 - Spring Blossoms

Double Dutch - Challenge #65 - Something Old (my Chatterbox DP's now discontinued), Something New (Magnolia stamp), Something Borrowed (the sketch) and Something Blue (colour scheme)

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Flutter By Wednesday - Challenge #149 - Open

Simon Says Stamps - It's time for Spring colours/Easter

Dutch Dare Card - Challenge #107 - Spring Has Sprung

This adorable Tilda image is called Hello Little Butterfly from Magnolia's new Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011. She is available from Magnolia-licious online store. The other images in that collection are just as adorable!!! Check the out! I have also used another stamp from that collection called Stone Pathway.

I've simply decorated the inside of my cards this way. I wanted to play around with the new Spellbinder dies I bought.



Thanks for taking the time to drop by. Your visit is very much appreciated. Have a wonderful weekend! Woo-hooo... I've got some gardening to do and then more crafting.


Recipe:

Stamps: Hello Little Butterfly and Stone Pathway from Magnolia's New Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011. Both images are available from Magnolia-licious, or rather they should be shortly as they are currently on re-order.

DP's: Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls Collection Sky Bias Stripe and Sky Lilac, one sheet from Provo Craft Super Slab 10 paper pad.

Tools: Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and Three, Spellbinders Floral Doily Accent, leaf punches from Nellie Snellen and Martha Stewart, flower punches from McGill, Punch Bunch and Fiskars hand punch, Tonic Studios butterfly punch.

Misc: Mark Richards and Recollections half pearl stickers, Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pads Vintage Photo and Faded Jeans.



No comments:

Post a Comment