Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bobeshe Happiness!

Not that I even knew what a "bobeshe" was until recently. It is the proper name for a key part of many chandeliers...

"A bobeshe is a cup or ring at the top of a candlestick, used to catch melted wax running down the side of the candle." - wikipedia


But, by whatever name, I'm feeling nearly giddy with the set of six that arrived on my doorstep Saturday!


I placed a couple on the brass chandelier, which is in the middle of being cleaned of paint.
{Try to imagine the black as brass.}


Then I dug out a few spare chandelier crystals sitting in a drawer, to get an idea of the size and shape that will look best hanging from the tips.


I am just loving the funky edge these elements bring to this tailored light fixture. Oh, I'm beginning to think the end result of this light redo is going to be just fabulous!

p.s. and yes, technically, the bobeshes are meant to be attached facing upwards, but I prefer them this way; better seen from below and it is how they fit on this particular fixture. I did say funky, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment