Saturday, July 18, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Hello everybody. I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

This is my last Guest DT card for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge. The theme for this week is: Christmas in July.

This seems to be a popular theme, as it also the theme at the Cute Card Thursday, their challenge #69.

I just love Christmas. This is the earliest I've ever started on my Xmas cards. I'm always procrastinating and leaving it until the last minute and then had to scramble to get all my cards done. So this is a good opportunity to get started.

One new thing that I used for this card, that I haven't used before for any of the cards on my blog is my brass stencils. For this one, I used a Dreamweaver stencil with those bare trees, along with some white embossing paste and transparent micro glitter. You can't really see the shimmering glitter on the picture, but in real life it looks like there are snow crystals in the air. I love working with these micro glitters. It can be really messy--with glitters all over the place, on you clothes, in your hair, LOL--but the effect on your cards can be quite stunning.
The huge snowball that Tilda is sitting on is from a Penny Black stamp that has a hedgehog on top of the snowball rolling along. I stamped it by masking the hedgehog.
Before I sign off, I want to express my sincere thanks to Kellie for the opportunity of being a Guest DT. I have enjoyed myself tremendously, Kellie, and I hope that you were pleased with my work.
Enjoy you weekend!
Stamps: Magnolia #275 Winter Sled, #268 Chilly Tilda, Penny Black 3759 Snow Joy, sentiment from Inkadinkadoo 8305 Snow flake trails
DP's: American Crafts A La Carte Florentine,KI Memories Choices Collection Organized Tailgate
Toolsl: EK Success border punch.
Misc.: Dreamweaver brass stencil, embossing paste

No comments:

Post a Comment