Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dining Details~



I have had so much positive feedback on my dining room restaging (and so many questions from readers) that I thought I'd share with you all a few of the details.












First and foremost, because we chose a neutral palette, texture was key! I used a burlap runner on the table, along with burlap, linen and canvas pillows.






And yes, for those of you who asked, my new curtains are painter's dropcloths. I love the heavy weight....they hang perfectly when left straight, or drape beautifully if pulled back.









My centerpiece is made from a seemingly mismatched bunch of random things...but it works together beautifully and adds a subtle touch of color.







Remove the color, and look how the textures play off of one another...the heavy details of the sphere, the smooth surface of the footed bowl, the earthiness of the wreath and the intricate metal work of the tray. A feast for the eyes!


Just a reminder today is the last day for the Shabby Nest Summer Sale...still some great deals left....hurry over!
Hope you all have a lovely July 4th weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment