Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tile floor complete! - final reveal of the front entry

Oh my goodness... I'm so happy to report, my front entry tile is now complete!!



This was just last night while the grout was going on. THE GROUT! I've waited forever for this moment. The dog clung to me pretty tight as a thunderstorm was breaking through the sky. And yup, she stayed put just like you see here in the pic. Good girl!

All nice and grouted. Now the wait. Once it dries abit, I scraped it as clean as possible to remove as much access grout as possible, because the next job is twice as difficult if you don't do this. (and yes, I learned the hard way)


The floor comes to life! And this is a proud moment, for you can finally see how nicely (or how not so nicely) you've made all your cuts and joins. It's like icing on a cake!

I chose a pattern for the front entry. I designed and implemented the center first, then had the bias tile wrap around the center pattern. It turned out awesome! I love how all the apparatus in the room sits on the bias, and the pattern is free and clear. It's a neat visual.

What was once this... (which is actually an improved before believe it or not)

Is now the bright clean and ultra productive space we enjoy. With floor intact!

Some of you may have discovered I started blogging when my house was being renovated on. We're talking pulling out major walls, ripping up floors, new windows, the works. What I've been attempting to do was blog about the finished decorating type results on this blog. To see abit more writeup on the entry building and tile floors, you can spec out:

Our Extreme Home Makeover Experience - front entry
Funky Junk Interiors - all front entry posts

There's abit of repeat between the two blogs, however the building of the rooms of my home are better portrayed in the other blog.

Ahhh.... Sunday, a day of rest, yes? I'm going to go downstairs with a cup of freshly brewed coffee and admire my newly finished floor. :) (admit it, you would too!!

______________________

The FRONT ENTRY label has been shared with these two wonderful blogs ~

Flea Market Style's flea market find linky party, in Oct 2009.
Mustard Seed Creation's Furniture Feature Friday, Oct 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment