Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tulips say hello

Hello! I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

It's time for me to post another Guest DT card for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge.


This week, MDUC Challenge #17 is a sketch challenge. This is their first sketch challenge and the sketch, which was provided by Kellie, is fabulous. I like this sketch so much that I've followed it almost to the letter in creating my card.

The adorable Magnolia image is the Tilda with Tulips from the Easter 2009 Collection. This is the first time I've used lace on a card. At first I added the lace without any background paper, but it looked kind of lost, so I've added the dark background--now you can see the details.

I've chosen this particular DP because of this shade of pink and green combination. The design is actually of pink roses. I know, I know...roses don't actually go with tulips. But you can't actually tell on the front of the card, because the roses are mostly covered up--so that works...LOL. It's only when you see the inside of my cards that it's a bit weird.

In hindsight, I guess I should have chosen a different Tilda image, but I sooo....wanted to finally use this Tilda on a card. Oh well!

Please hop over the MDUC blog and see the other cards from the DT members. They are simple wonderful!!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Stamp: Magnolia #338 Tilda with Tulips.
DP: Hot off the Pree Joy's Vintage Papers.
Tools: Fiskars Read Between the Vines border and corner punch, Marvy Uchida circle and scalloped circle punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment