Saturday, July 25, 2009

Neighbourhood walk pics

There are soooo many wonderful inspiring pics on the net. However, I felt it was high time to pay homage to my own quaint little neighbourhood. I like to go for dyke walks along the riverbank with my dog in the AM, so here's what I came across today during my morning jaunt.


Isn't this the coolest idea ever?

So beautifully funky! Big giant green thumbs up there, neighbours Corinne and Rudy!


This is a hazelnut farm I like to walk (trespass) through on occasion. It's a little beautiful and a little Harry Potter on a dull day, all in one. Luckily the sun shone today.



The overhead lacy umbrella effect. It's really exquisite. I love meandering through here on a rainy day too.


Strung all along a roadside. Really really gorgeous...


Here's the river dyke I was referring to. You're always greeted with streams of glorious wildflowers.


And the dyke gradually leads to these hidden garden type trails to the river. Wanna see what's just around that corner? Me too. Let's run! It's abit of a Harry Potter path, don't like that part. DOG, OUTA MY WAY.


Ahhh... wonderful, isn't it? Dog shown cooling off her sore overworked feet from the creepy Magical Forest run.


This is so unique. In fact, every square inch of this house is ultra unique. You cannot buy one thing ready made that is installed in this yard.




Last two pics from the same yard. I could take pics forever in that place but didn't want to come across as a crazed stalker with a killer (non barking) dog.




Quiet cottage quaintness. Isn't this sweet?



Um... yeah. We got outa there pretty fast.

Now, brace yourselves for these next pics.


SHABBY CHIC CHIPPY RUST ENHANCED WHITE DISTRESSED truck. Did I catch all the hip yet deathly overused bloggy tagnotes on that one? This truck sure did. I know. Got me going too. Hang on, it gets better.


Holey what the heck is about to hatch here?!? I'm so not stickin' around while these incubate!



Don't even TELL me. These guys are now on swings?!? Creepy! I'm so going home!



Welcome to my backyard grapevine. Isn't it glorious?


The yield will be spectacular once again. Come Sept/Oct they'll be vivid purple. I allowed some to also freeze on the vine last winter and WOW were they ever good!

Ok, time to de-stress in my pool from all things creepy from the morning walk today. I just have one pondering question left.


Why SMURF BLUE for these things?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment