Saturday, July 11, 2009

From the Heart

Happy Saturday! Ladies, thank you for all the lovely comments that you've written me. I really do apppreciate them. They make my day.

I've created this card using this marvelous sketch that Sharon herself has provided for the Truly Scrumptious Challenge Blog, their challenge 11. This week there's an added theme to this challenge: "...to use only black, white plus one other colour (excluding skin & hair)." How simply wonderful, since that colour scheme is one of my favorites.


And that is exactly the challenge at Papertake Weekly Challenge: My Favorites Things -- "use anything you want as long as there is something favourite of yours on there. So it could be a stamp, or your fave colour combi or papers. Or all of them put together." Now, I can't truthfully say that the black-and-white-plus-one-other-colour colour scheme is my absolute favorite, but it's right up there. I also have a favorite stamp that I want to use, the Tilda with Heart from Magnolia.


With that stamp, I've snuck in a third challenge, A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge 58 - Hearts. "...you could use DP with hearts on Heart border punches etc, anything goes as long as it has a heart somewhere on the design."


The additional colour, as you can see, is red (or rather shades of red, from deep pink to red--oh let's just say pinkish red or redish pink. LOL. Take your pick!). The black and white DP is a self-stamped paper using a clear stamp from Autumn Leaves. I've added the flower again, that I learned how to make from StampARTic tutorial provided by Marianne.

And this is how I decorated the inside of the card.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely weekend.

Stamps: Magnolia #281 Tilda with Heart (from the Pink Collection), Autumn Leaves Stampology Block Stamps 1 clear stamp set; Hero Arts From the Heart Greetings stamp set, Hampton Art G Studio Kolette Hall Design For you.
DP's: Basic Grey Bittersweet Raspberry Cream, Hot Off the Press Mixing Masculine papers (black stripe).
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch Hearts. Marvy Uchida scallopped circle punch. EK Success retro flower punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment