Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lego Birthday~

Mr. One turned 9 years old yesterday! He is a huge Lego fan, so of course we threw him a Lego bash for his 9-year-old party.



This year I started the tradition of making my kiddos birthday shirts with their ages on them. So far I have done appliqued numbers, but I felt like a photo transfer shirt better fit Mr. One's personality. So I created this "9" logo in Microsoft Paint (making sure to reverse the number) then printed it out on Avery T-shirt Transfer paper and followed the package directions. So easy! So cute!

I chose primary colors for the decor, because that seemed very "Lego" to me. The table was set with the kids' goody boxes (I'll talk about them in a minute), fun polka dot plates, and cups full of legos that we used in some games. The centerpiece was a mason jar filled with legos (and tied with curly string to look festive). The kids had to guess how many legos were in the jar! We played two other simple games...for the first, I wrote random words on cards (like cow, bus, flower etc.) and had each of the kids pick a card, then they had to try to build their object with the legos in their cups. (I didn't make this a contest, so each kid got a prize.) The last game was the simplest of all...and the favorite of the guests...I set a timer and we saw who could build the tallest freestanding lego tower in the set time. I didn't give awards for this game, I just let the kids try to out-do one another...they LOVED it!
The goodie boxes were so cute! They were just mini take-out boxes purchased at Michael's craft and filled with candy including Lego-shaped candy. I added tags made with photo-transfer-on-fabric clip art of Legos.
A close-up of the table settings.
The cupcakes were my favorite of all. Each one was topped with Lego candies. (We bought them in bulk from a local candy store.) So cute, and soooooooooooooo easy!

Happy Birthday Mr. One! We love you!

Have a great Tuesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment