Thursday, July 16, 2009

Character outbuilding - Part 4 - all jewelled up!

I've given up attempting to kill the wasp nest that's keeping me from finishing the outbuilding. Because there are now TWO of them to deal with. Forgetaboutit. I can letter a firetruck, I can tile floors and pull an RV, and even yank up and fix a toilet. But when it comes to attempting to kill off something that is gonna try and get me back with stingers, NO THANKS. Come fall, I'll knock them down and hang up fake wasp nest things.

I kinda like the building a bit rough looking and unfinished here and there, because...



... the building has some new jewellery and is looking just fine!



What was once this...


Is now this. Ahhh... listen. The birds are happily chirping during this lazy summer day.


I scavenged old and rusted tools from my garden shed to add interest, with little/no colour. I wanted the coke sign and flowers to do all the talking and the rest, to simply be their background.


This funky round thing in the soil is a broken wheel base off a wheelbarrow you'll see down below. It adorns just the right amount of rust to make it a little interesting.







The license plate is off my previous truck. An antique one would be cool, however this one has meaning to me. That little license plate holds ALOT of memories.


The rusty patina on this old shovel is really exquisite in real life!







 The outbuilding resembles all the things I adore. Weathered elements, rustic appeal, my love of antique signs, with just a touch of pretty without it being over the top.

As for those silly wasps, they sure have a nice little hangout, wouldn't you say?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment