Sunday, July 12, 2009

Budget Decorating~



Today I'm joining the Price My Space party over at Nester's blog!

I'm proud to say my living room was decorated on a budget, and today I'm going to share it with you all!

1. My buffet was a great find at a local "antique" store. $125 refinished!

2. This pair of lamps was only $80 or so at one of the big home improvement stores.

3. All of the accessories on top of the buffet total about$200.

4. The frames above the buffet were $20 each at Target, and the artwork inside was free.

5. This mirror is a favorite of mine from a local home decor store and a steal at only $75.

6. The chair is Ektorp from IKEA. It cost $349 with the slipcover you see, but I purchased an additional white slipcover for only $29.

7. The pillows (and this price includes the ones on the sofa in the picture below were approximately $75 for all because I simply recovered existing pillows with new fabric.

8. The rug was $499 at one of the big home improvement stores. It is 8x10 feet and very thick...I love it! It felt like kind of a splurge, but for the size of the rug and the quality, the price was really quite reasonable.

Now for the other half of the room...

1. The Armoire was purchased at Target about 5 years ago for only $299. Someday it would be nice to have real wood, but for the time being, it looks good, and that's what counts.

2. The roman shades are also from Target and were $40 each...we spent $200 for the entire main floor (5 blinds.)

3. This great charcoal print was free....it pays to have a professional artist as a Father-in-law.

4. The accessories on top of the armoire total approximately $65. (TJMaxx and craft stores.)

5. The sofa is Ektorp from IKEA and cost $499 with an extra white slipcover for $49.

So the grand total for the entire room is $2624. Not bad considering everything was purchased over time. And I'll tell you that slipcovered furniture is definitely a plus with little people, and these Ektorp slipcovers wash up beautifully, and wont break the bank if you have to buy replacements (I would recommend buying an extra set anyway...really helps!) I've had the sofa and chair for 4 years now, and they are holding up really well structurally even with four rowdy kids who jump on the sofa despite what mom tells them.

Hope you enjoyed this little tour of my budget-friendly room! Have a great Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment