Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer hiatus time - let's go camping!

I'm here to fess up on why I haven't been creating. I've been busy creating some downtime instead!



There's a campsite 5 min down the road from us that we've never taken the time to truly discover. Normally we camp about 45 min away. So this was something new. But I was so desperate to get away and revert my focus on US. Not projects, not work, not the house. It was time to go camping!


Please be totally blown away by the fact that I ME myself yes ME towed that trailer to this wonderful little spot beside a gushing river. Towing is NOT my comfort zone. I was driving 30 mph gulping up the roadway. Yeah yeah yeah pass me already. Whatever. I made it!

What a pretty and private spot, surrounded by trees. Loved it. Now, move your eye up to the left of the trailer shot. That's the pathway to our...


glorious river view. Ohhhh the rush of the water sounded exquisite! Whoops.. overdid the tint on that sky. Busted. No, BC does not have skies quite like that. I'll tone it down some from hereon out.


There was a picnic table situated on that edge of the bank too. What a tranquil spot for meals and chitchat. I've decided I want me a river! Lake? Maybe a trickling pond.. hmm..



Me and my beloved coffee in hand. Fresh ground, outdoors. Is there anything better? My son is the photographer. Not bad! Nice framing of the greenery there.

Note how far away the pic is. That is why I've allowed it here. We were CAMPING. (ie bad hair, rustic patina on the face.)

See that sand(rock)bar? Many trails led to those with very shallow water to wade through. It was pretty cool to be standing in the center of a river at times.


Oh, nearly forgot, we took in a filming of a music video too on one of those sandbars! The artist was Skard from Vancouver BC Canada for you hard rocker types. But was a great song about Canada.


It was cool until they played the same song 17 times. No matter, with a failing memory, you forget pretty quick. I can't even remember the tune. But it was good. I remember that.



My son discovered his own stick from the woods. I used my girlie stainless steel clean ones. At 10, he is such a man. Already. sniff.. We played Yahtzee (Yahtzee was in spellcheck?!?) Monopoly and cards beside the fire pit while the sun went down. Nice!

One of our fav things to do was go for walks by flashlight in the evening. It's cool walking past other campfires and peering at their setups. Many residents were seasonal so there was quite some setups to raise the eyebrows at. (in a most curious way if you will.. they do NOT visit decor blogs I'll say that)


This is an untouched photo of that water. (Picasa won't let me fool with gradients from below so I couldn't cheat on this one) My point is, this is a RIVER. The water was aqua! I couldn't believe my eyes. It was sooo very pretty and very tropical looking for BC.



Ahhh. It was a wonderful little escape for a few nights. We hope to do it again somewhere soon.

Now, I hope to putter on a project or 3 while home. For now... until we take off again of course... Not bad for getting in a holiday the first week the kids are out of school, eh?

Have you gone/done anything cool yet this summer?

_________________

Make sure you check out Chatting at the Sky's Tuesdays Unwrapped to see what others are doing to enhance their days.

No comments:

Post a Comment