Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Inspire-Me Wednesday~

It's finally started to feel like summer (well late spring anyway) here in New England, and I'm dreaming about days at the beach. So today I thought I'd share with you some lovely beach-inspired rooms.


I adore the simplicity of this dining room and the different wood tones as they play off the white.

The casual feel of this living room makes me want to curl up after a day at the beach and enjoy the breeze coming through the windows. I'm loving the mismatched grainsack pillows, and the long console in front of the windows with it's simple display of light-hued accessories.



What don't I love about this al fresco dining room? The slipcovered chairs, the chippy table, the GORGEOUS roses, and that delightful seashell chandelier. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm casual elegance at its best.



I love this room for its beach inspired whimsy....that chandelier is so much fun!



Oh yeah. 'nuff said.





This room is perfect in its sparse simplicity. What I love...the casual slipcover on the sofa and the dramatic statement made by the armoire.



Silver and seashells. Simple but amazingly refined.




This room makes a white-toned palette very warm and inviting. The key here is the play of textures...beadboard walls, wicker chairs, seagrass rug... earthy and intriguing.




Chippy old iron beds with crisp white bedding and touches of green and blue. A beautiful beachy palette.


All images from Country Living or Coastal Living
Just had to include this last one. What I love...the deep porch, the casual dining set up, and the flag curtains. An iconic summer image.
Now go forth, inspire and be inspired~

No comments:

Post a Comment