Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Patching Things Up~

I was a busy girl yesterday. I pulled out the old sewing machine and went to work.

A while back I had the idea of making some "custom" t-shirts for my toddler boys by using some fun vintage clip art images, cotton canvas and (what else?) photo transfer paper to make patches that I could sew onto some plain tees. I found a vintage firetruck image that I just loved. Printed it out (twice), ironed each one onto the canvas, and then realized that I had inadvertently printed them out bigger than I thought, and they wouldn't work for the boys' shirts.

But I knew I would come up with a brilliant idea sooner or later so I held on to them. And yesterday it hit me! I had some lovely ticking fabric that I could use with the firetruck patch to make a darling pillow.

Isn't it cute? I made one for the chair in the boys' room, and one that I will list in my Etsy! Love. it. so. much.


And just so you can see... I did get some t-shirts done for the boys. Here they are with cute pictures of dalmations (or firedogs as the hubby calls them). So it all worked out in the end. Yea!

EDITED TO ADD: My fabulous-ly stylish friend Kasey is having an amazing giveaway at her blog today. Amazing. That's all I'm sayin'.

Have a great Thursday~

No comments:

Post a Comment