Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bee Happy

Hello. Happy Wednesday!

I had started this card for 2 challenges, but when it was finished, I ended up with 3.
At Cute Card Thursday, this is their current theme: “Challenge 67 - Stitch in Time! This week we want to see some sewing, either faux of real, on your creation!” I’ve been doing more and more stiching on my cards lately, so this was no sweat. I have only done straight sticthes so far though, but on this card I’ve added some decorative stiches. And if that wasn’t going to be enough, I’ve added some buttons by sewing them on to the card.

And at Just Magnolia, for their week 12 , “The challenge this week is So Charming - we want to see some charms on your creations so dig your metal out and get creative!“ Since the Magnolia image I’m using is the Tilda with Bee, I’ve got the perfect bee charms for this card.

The 3rd challenge is from the Next Level. “This week we have a THEME for your CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK - BUTTONS AND BOWS. That is it - you can be as creative as you like, make anything you like, but it must have BUTTONS AND BOWS on it - the more the merrier!!!!!!!!!!!!” Since I had already planned to have numerous buttons on the card, I just had to add a bow to the card--only room for one.

With all the embelishment, I needed a simple layout. So just 2 pieces of DP's would do. Since Tilda is sitting at an angle, I thought it would look better if I perched her on a wavy line rather than a straight line.

I have the perfect sentiment for this card, but no place to put it on the front of the card, so I've stuck it inside. It's the title for my card. Don't ya think it's cute?
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day!

Stamp: Magnolia #208 Paris Tilda, Stampendous E192 Happy Word.
DP's: Chatterbox Violet Dahlias and Light Parlor Stripe.
Tools: EK Success Retro Flower punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment