Monday, July 6, 2009

Slipcover Love~

If you're dropping by for the first time from Do-It-Yourself day at Kimba's place, welcome! Hope you'll take a minute to look around the Shabby Nest. So glad to have you here.

Some of you may remember this sweet little curbside find that I brought home a few months back. Cute, but lacking a certain something. I had plans to slipcover this baby, but I was having a hard time deciding what fabric to use.



Then I had one of those lightbulb moments. When I was making the drop cloth curtains for my dining room, one of the cloths I purchased had a seam running through the fabric about 18" into one end. Rather than returning it, I kept it knowing that I would come up with a use for it. Then it dawned on me...a slipcover for my little chair!
My cute friend Trisha (who happens to be an awesome seamstress) came over on Friday and we set to work. Luckily, the chair has fairly straight lines, so although she guided me, she let me do a lot - not all - of the work. Below is the only in-the-process photo I took (Helllllllo? Do I have a decor blog or what? Where was my brain?)



And here she is in all her glory! I had to add a little extra stuffing to the cushion, then I popped my #4 pillow - available in my Etsy store- on the back...and it is the perfect finishing touch for my boys' reading nook. Oh what a little slipcover can do! Thanks Trisha for all your help!

Have a great Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment