Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Master Bath Redesign - Who Can Pass Up A Party, Over At Nesting Place!






I've watched the "Price My Space Party" go on for nearly two days over at Nesting Place, and I finally started to feel like the girl who decided to stay home and watch a movie rather than get herself out to the party. So, here goes, I'm heading over to the party!

For this Master Bath Redesign I painted, changed all the light fixtures, added window treatments, put a Mirror Mate frame around the large plate glass mirror, brought in chairs that I refinished and finally added some favorite accessories. The room includes a few splurges as well as a few additions for nearly nothing. I love the result! The bath went from one that did not inspire to one I love being in. The second photo above shows the before.

Now to the money part!
Paint: $72. Mirror Mate Mirror Frame, Mediterra/Glazed Earth: $149 (with my designer discount). 2 vanity mirror light fixtures: $49 each, from Destination Lighting. 2 chandeliers, $99 each, from Lamps Plus. 2 Recessed Fixture Converter Kits, around $9 each from Home Depot. The Little Golden Bird, $6, from Calico Corners, got the little guy for a steal (regularly about $22) because he had a little damage which super glue fixed perfectly. Biggest score of the room is the wall mirror from Uttermost. Was originally priced at $379, but again, due to damage easily repaired with super glue, I paid only $59. Love it! The chairs I already owned, so with a yard of Thomas Paul fabric and paint I transformed them from blah to beautiful for about $30, for the pair. A splurge for the room was the tall vase and golden grasses for the niche, they were perfect, so worth it I think. Both from Crate & Barrel, were just under $100. Finally a basket for towels from Target was on sale for $9 and the grass roman shades were $350 for both windows...again, with my discount.

This brings the grand total to $1089. Not inexpensive, but when you consider what is spent on bath remodels, it's a bargain!




No comments:

Post a Comment