Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ladders! And their many uses

What is it about ladders that I adore so much? I think it's their simplistic natural lines. There aren't many flourishes on ladders as a general rule. And how easy is it to transform the wooden variety to any finish you wish? A decorator's dream!

Funky Junk Interiors

This little stepladder I found at a thrift. I don't have an island light yet, so I put this little guy to work immediately.

Pilarina's Workshop

This little cutie was found at a Salvation Army. Melany found quite a unique way to display AND name the pictures. Irresistable!


Our Nest
How sweet is this? Distressed white with white accessories.

Our Extreme Home Makeover Experience

I have had this ladder forever and it's done a few different things over the years. I love how it offers the bathroom so much character in an otherwise brand new environment in this case. I've also had it leaning against a wall beside the sofa to hold magazines. And once upon a time I had little pictures mounted inside the openings.


Here's a very functional one and so so pretty! I love how the rudders are deep enough to actually hold folded towels and knicknacks. What a great find!



I'm so lovin' the pot rack idea and am on the lookout to do the same over my island if I get lucky!



Showing off a themed collection is the PERFECT place for a ladder!


Funky Junk Interiors

And here's my little number sitting in my garden. I call it the Birdie Hotel. The gal that gave me the ladder had hers in the garden as well, except she had clay pots screwed onto each rudder with real plants. Adorable idea!

Ladders take up virtually no room at all, yet can add such a unique element to your home. Never never pass up an old well used ladder if you find one!

Do you use any ladders in your current decor? Feel free to share your links in the comments if you have a picture or url to share.




No comments:

Post a Comment