Monday, March 23, 2009

Toile Tuesday~

Hello Everyone! We interrupt Spring Spruce-up week to bring you TOILE TUESDAY! I am joining the fun over at Pretty Organized Palace with her Toile Linky Party!


Hope you enjoy this little Toile Tour of my home...


One of my favorite projects...my Toile Barn Star!


This cute little toile birdie makes its home in the Princess' bedroom.





A banner also in the Princess' room...you all know I love a banner.



This pretty toile frame is in my kitchen...it makes me smile while I'm doing dishes...



Framed toile wrapping paper (the same paper from my barn star...I think I have a theme going here.)



This pretty toile pillow sits in my bay window...



Which brings me to my big project reveal...My window- seat cushion!!! (Sorry the photo isn't the greatest....I'll try to get a better one...) I have wanted a cushion for this bay window since we moved in to our house almost two years ago. What was holding me back? Well, partially it was the price of foam...until I hit on the idea of cutting up the other half of the old crib mattress I used on my mudbench. I pulled out my good old electric carving knife and cut up that mattress. Then I used electrical tape to hold the pieces together. (It sounds funny, but it worked great!) Then I sewed up the cover out of tan linen and red TOILE, of course. I love how it turned out! Just the softness this spot needed - the Princess has napped on it 3 times since I finished it last Friday!


And, if you still can't get enough toile, you can always wear it! (HA! It's a sickness, really.)

Thanks for joining my Toile Tour!


If you didn't get a chance yesterday, please check out my interview on Decor Medley.




Tomorrow, on my Spring Spruce-up Week agenda, some fun spring decor craft ideas.


Hope to see you then~

No comments:

Post a Comment