Monday, March 16, 2009

Inspire-Me Tuesday~

Years ago I discovered one of my all time favorite homes in the much missed Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion magazine. I have returned to those images time and again for inspiration. I wanted to share one image in particular with you all today...an absolutely amazing kitchen island made from two separate pieces of furniture melded into one.



Some of you may remember this image as part of Annie Brahler's stunning home. I simply adore her style. Everything is so......French....and lovely.....and a touch eclectic. As I was searching the web in an attempt to locate this image - so my lazy self would not have to scan it in - I found that many of you also have a love for Annie and her wonderful decor business Eurotrash! (I was going to include the link here, but it won't come up...please tell me this is not another great design business gone away.) EDITED TO ADD: THANKS TO SARA F. WHO GAVE ME THE CURRENT LINK TO EUROTRASH! HOORAY! GO TAKE A LOOK HERE. For those of you who may not have had the good fortune to see this talented woman's work, here is a little eye candy for you...







I just love roses in silver cups...and the pretty mirror behind...mmmmmmmmmm.



This is one of my very favorite images from the MEHC article...(the image was taken for the Christmas edition hence the little tree on the left hand side.)


This is the room you can see through the open door in the above picture. I believe it is a guest room. AMAZING.


The facade is amazing too, no?



I adore the flax linen upholstery on this chair.


These last two images are of her daughter's room. The bed even has a provenance...it used to belong to the Princess of Belgium.


All photos from Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion or Country Living
Go forth, inspire, and be inspired~
Oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day...hope you're wearing green!

No comments:

Post a Comment