Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pink Ballerina

(It's my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! LOL. I guess it's not really appropriate to wish yourself a happy birthday, is it? Oh well.)

I've created a card for Kellie-and-her-DT-ladies-down-under's challenge. This week's theme is: BLING It On!
Great! I've got lots of blings (rhinestones, glitters, etc.) in my stash of embelishments.

As I was walking to work yesterday morning, my head full of layouts, DP's, stamps, etc., I came up with a sketch and this is the card for it. Turned out a bit different than what I envisioned in my head, but it always does, really. I find when I'm actually creating the card that this or that won't work so I have to adjust.


I had a bit of trouble colouring as I couldn't find any marker that matches exactly the shade of green that's in the designer papers, so I just hoped that what I ended up with would look okay.

I used micro glitter on Tilda's tutu. I used my Quickie Glue Stick Pen from Sakura to go over the entire tutu, dump the glitter over the area and shook off the access glitter. The glue dries clear and I used the transparent Cool Highlight micro-fine glitter, so the colour from the marker shows through. Micro glitter is great to work with, but can be a bit messy and no matter how careful you are, you find yourself walking around all day with glitter all over your clothes.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Stamp: Magnolia #278 Ice/Ballet Princess from the Pink Collection
Designer Papers: Basic Grey Porcelain Rochelle, Provo Craft Marie Cole Soft Serenenity-Mauve Stripe
Misc.: Jewel Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight Transparent Micro-Fine Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment