Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Little Details~

It is in the little details that the character of home comes through. These details create the personality and uniqueness of a space. One of my favorite parts of looking through pictures of designer rooms, is checking out the small touches that make a space different and inviting. While perusing the photos in Cottage Style, I noticed this little side table. Now, look closely at the drawer pull. How cute is that?



Photo from Cottage Style

I just so happen to have a side table in my Master bedroom that has been lacking hardware for about a year. The drawer pull that came on the table was so dated that it made the whole piece look dated. The table actually has classic lines, so I took off the hardware. Some of you may have run into the same problem I did... NOTHING FIT! I looked high and low for a drawer pull that would fit this little table but with no luck. I tried putting two knobs on it...it just didn't look right. But when I saw this photo, I knew I had my solution ...



This little trick could be applied to so many pieces...and so many styles. Think burlap, grosgrain, twine, or even fancy ribbons for fancier pieces. The possibilities are endless...and unique...and they would create a home with personality and character. And isn't that the best part of a space...making it your own?


And now, I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my l'il sis and best friend!!!! Today is Holly's birthday. I think it would be loads of fun if we all pop over to her blog and leave her a comment wishing her a Happy Birthday! If you think so too, here's the link! (She's going to be pretty embarrassed when she sees this...ha ha ha! That's what big sisters are for, right?)

EDITED TO ADD: Always glad when I have another happy customer. Lulu over at Lulu & Co. posted about my No.6 pillow she purchased. Pop over and check it out.

Have a lovely Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment