Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspire-Me Tuesday ( Backwards)~

I found this image on the Ballard Designs website AFTER I had completed the following project...and they reminded me enough of one another that I decided to share my project with you for Inspire-Me Tuesday (Backwards). In other words, make the project, then find a photo that looks like it could have inspired the project. HA!



Photo from Ballard Designs

So here's my little project...



I have had these frames for a while, but decided that they needed a little pick me up. I found this gorgeous scrapbook paper by Anna Griffin, and thought it was just the thing I needed. So I wrapped the mattes with the scrapbook paper...a simple, easy, and inexpensive project.
Here are the details...

1. I started by laying the matte - bevelled edge down - on the wrong side of the paper (this paper happens to be 12x12 and the mattes happen to be 10x10. This was luck. You may have to use wrapping paper or other larger sheets of paper should you decide to try this project with a larger matte).

NOTE: I made sure to do this project so that I could use the mattes again once I got tired of the new look. So I put the bevelled edge down - the bevel is the angled cut around the opening of the matte that makes it look "fancier" on the front than the back.

2. Then I used my xacto knife to cut an "x" in the opening. The corners of the "x" should meet the corners of the opening.


3. Fold the paper through the opening and affix to the back of the matte with stick glue.



4. Cut out the corners of the paper as seen below.



5. Fold the edges of the paper over and glue to the back of the matte.




6. VIOLA! "New" custom-looking mattes.




I filled mine with three of my little drawings. So springy and pretty. Love it!

This little guy is my newest creation....you'll see him gracing some projects soon in my Etsy.

Now, go forth, inspire and be inspired~

No comments:

Post a Comment