Sunday, March 15, 2009

One Man's Trash~

On Saturday, the Hubby and I dropped off Mr. One at a birthday party, and headed out with the other 3 kiddos to get some errands done, when what should I spy, but a bunch of furniture with a "free" sign next to it. I scared the Hubby as I yelled at him to stop the car, but he did, and I climbed out and ran over to the cutest petite upholstered chair. (I could sense him rolling his eyes behind me!)

I assumed that since the furniture was free there would be something grossly wrong with it. But upon close inspection...there was no smell, there was no major damage. The cushion needs some restuffing, and the fabric is an old slubby cream silk that will definitely need to be reupholstered at some point. But aside from that, it was WONDERFUL.

I asked the Hubby to help me load it in the car. He complained, and muttered and if the kiddos hadn't been there, he may have even cussed (hee hee). But, in the end, he always humors me, so load it in we did.

We got it home, I sprayed it with a generous amount of Lysol (that's because of the germophobe in me), wiped off some of the dirt with good old diaper wipes, (see this post where I extol the virtues of diaper wipes in cleaning fabrics) and hauled it up to the boys' room. I have been wanting a chair for their room to create a little reading nook and I knew this little gem would be perfect.


It looks fabulous. Even the Hubby admits that it looks good! It will look even more fabulous when reupholstered...I'm thinking a grainsack-look with a single blue stripe down the center ...anyone have any ideas where I could find such fabric? But for now, it will do nicely, and little Mr. Three already loves it! It just proves that One Man's Trash is Another Man's (or Woman's) Treasure!

Thought I'd throw in a couple of other pics of the boys' reading space to balance out this wordy post!



Here's a great globe I found at Barnes & Noble. I just love the feeling of sophistication that a globe can add to a room.



And I love this quirky little baseball lamp. It had a rather tacky shade originally, so I replaced it with this one that I recovered in denim to match the denim accents in their room.
Just a reminder about next week's TOILE TUESDAY linky party at Pretty Organized Palace...be working on those toile posts. I'm hoping to get an exciting new project finished in time...the operative word being "hoping". See you all there!

Have a great Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment