Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Affordable and Fun Spring Decor


Welcome back to Spring Spruce-up Week at the Shabby Nest! Since everyone is very budget conscious now-a-days, I thought I'd share some Spring decorating ideas that don't cost a lot of money! After all, we still want our homes to look pretty even if we don't have a fortune to spend. Whenever I need fun ideas, I turn to...what else? The internet! And Blogland, in particular.

First up! Pretty eggs...This idea came from an idea for decoupaged spheres found here. I just love these! I'm actually going to make some of them later with some of my toile wrapping paper. (Just can't get enough toile!) But I decided to adapt the idea for spring/Easter, and this is what I came up with...decoupaged plastic Easter eggs...with lots of glitter. I just used scrapbook paper, Mod Podge and glitter...lots of glitter. They're so pretty! I *heart* them.





Next, more little birdies. I gave you all the link to the pattern for these pretty birds in this post. This is a great pattern because these little pretties can be adapted for all seasons. For spring, I decided to make some in a soft linen. I love them, but Mr. One isn't so sure. He thinks they're kind of "ugly" was the exact word he used. But then I could tell he felt bad, and tried to make it up to me. Ah well, he's only 8 after all. I still love them. And I think they will transition nicely to summer as well.





If you haven't already heard of the Toymaker, you will thank me! It is an amazing site, chock full of paper lovelies for you to print and make. This sweet little bunny is actually part of a game that you can make from the site, but I thought it was so cute, I needed to make one for Easter.





I just had to share this next idea with you. I ran across it in this month's edition of Good Housekeeping! Don't these cherry blossom branches look amazing?? Those little blooms are made of tissue paper. Fashioned into flowers and hot glued to the branches. I was going to do this and post my creation, but I just haven't had the time yet (little Mr. Three has a birthday this week, and I have been busy getting crafty for that...pics next week!) But I guarantee that I will try this and post my results later.


Photo from Good Housekeeping


And finally, I simply love it when I get links to Pixies that my readers have created. I had to share this darling pixie created by Attic Gal Rachelle. Isn't she amazing? Check out her little wings...Easter eggs! And the sweet little tutu made from silk flower petals? So cute. Hop over and check it out.


Photo from Attic Gals



I hope that these ideas will help put some "Spring" in your homes!!


Join me tomorrow for some more spring/Easter decor and a little surprise too!


Have a lovely Wednesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment