Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Fancy Soiree~

We had a very FANCY weekend at our house. So I thought I'd share with you all some of the highlights of the Princess' Sixth Birthday!

First things first...I saw this idea for a birthday shirt ages ago when I first started blogging. And I decided that I would start a tradition of making birthday shirts for my kiddos this year. (Mr. One has already put in his order for his birthday shirt... even though his birthday is still 5 months away!) Here is the Princess' shirt! ...the tee shirt was just for school...for her party she and her guests were dressed a bit fancier...you'll see why in a minute...

The Princess and I made these little treat bags for her classmates. The tags were created by scanning in a drawing I made of a party hat with the word celebrate underneath. Then we printed them out on cardstock and colored in the details with marker. We punched a little hole and tied them onto the goodybags with curly ribbon. So fun!!


But the main event of the weekend was the Princess' Fancy Nancy Birthday party! Oh did we have fun with this!! For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Fancy Nancy, she is a little girl who stars in her own series of children's story books. Nancy thinks that everything is better if it is fancy. So you can imagine what a great basis this is for a little girl's party!

Nancy would never have a plain old birthday cake...oh no! So I thought and thought about what to do. And I decided that a cupcake tower would be the best (and most fancy) idea. I used two cake plates and one of my serving platters and topped them with wonderful cupcakes with pink whipped cream frosting and hot pink sugar sprinkles. (Now, I am not a cook...so you all should be very surprised impressed with how well these turned out...I know I was. And I even surprised impressed my former-caterer mother-in-law...so I know I did something right.)


I love a chalkboard...so I included this little board (just added some cute Martha Stewart flower stickers) with the phrase...Welcome to the Soiree...because everything sounds fancier in French.


After I come up with a theme for a party, I always do a little research on line. I was lucky enough to find some wonderful Fancy Nancy printables from the book's publisher that included a paper doll, some coloring sheets, and even nametags! So I printed some out and set them on the table at each girl's spot. I was also lucky enough to find some wonderful glittery foam crowns for the girls to decorate along with fairy-wand-kits on clearance at Michael's. We actually spent the majority of the party at the table, coloring, creating crowns and fairy wands...and then eating the pink-frosted cupcakes, strawberry icecream and sherbet slush (my personal favorite!) The children were thoroughly entertained the entire time! (whew!)



Then after we opened presents, a gaggle of crown-wearing, wand-weilding, fancy little girls screamed, giggled, and ran all over the house! What fun!!


The printables and crowns...

A colorful bowl full of crayons...
The fairy wand kits
A couple of views of the table before the party...(I added a sparkly heart, curly ribbon and some crystals to our chandalier fanci-fy it)



Happy Birthday Princess!


And today I am guest posting over at my uber-fabulous bloggy friend, Kasey's amazing blog...Lola B.'s! Please drop by for a visit!


Have a wonderful Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment