Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bedroom makeover Part 2 ~ the wall




I've been busy working on this new bedroom look of mine! Remember Part One?



Let's move on to the wall. I wanted to create a feature wall to highlight the headboard. Something neutral but interesting. So I grabbed a few odds and sods from the garage and laid them in place for a visual.



While I knew it would work, (this is where I sound abit weird), the repeated perfect pattern bothered me. Yes it did. So I added my own flair to this idea.



Much better! Makes you eyes dance abit rather than bam bam bam. (am I making any sense to anyone out there?!?)



Off I go to my workshop (garage) to cut the pieces down to size. (tutorial on the how to at a later date... I sure have alot to teach you!! Trial and error is the best lesson ever... yikes.)



Off topic... Did you notice this in the background?!? It's a metal chicken coop for tool storage I scooped from a garage sale. The racks come down, perfect for painting small projects and keeping them off the table tops. HOW COOL IS THIS. It's nearly too good to keep in the garage. I have a spare wall in the living room... hmmm...



Ok, back to the wall. The attached version.



Remembering my inspiration (here's the quilt peeking through as well)...



My chippy and worn favorite elements were dragged into the room so I could capture it all in one spot.



And here is the wall after the first coat of primer and paint. It's coming together! I LOVE the random pattern of the board and batten!

~ To be continued ~

Not sure I'll be finished in time, but if I am, (I'm going to try try try!) I'll post the result of the headboard on this weekend's...



Are ya comin'? Theme is anything goes! I'll be highlighting my favs and the highlight post is getting a whole lot of attention! So bring forth your past or present projects, and see you Friday around 10pm my time! More info HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment