Tuesday, November 24, 2009

for someone special

Happy Tuesday!!

This is going to be a quick and short posting, as I want to post this before leaving for work this morning. Am running late already—woke up too late. Well, I actually fell back to sleep after my alarm clock woke me up the first time. I am always doing that!!! I’m such a night owl. Love working into the night, but have to force myself to get up the morning after.

I have this Christmas song buzzing in my head. I think it’s sung by WHAM. It goes like this:

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away.
This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special …...

Do you know that one? Well, this card was inspired by that song. Week 28 challenge at Allsorts Challeng Blog is to take inspiration from a Christmas carol or song title… I’m stretching the title part a bit to the entire first verse of the song, so I hope that’s okay.


I’m using Jeanette’s wonderful sketch that she has provided for Friday Sketchers Challenge 79.

In stamping the images, I’ve done some MASKING, which is the challenge for Week 32 at Just Magnolia Challenge Blog.

What I usually do with my Tildas or Edwins is cut them out with my craft knife and/or my small pointed sciccor and then prop them on pieces of foam tape/dimensionals to give the cards the 3-D look. I think I can count the number of cards on one hand that I haven't done this with. But if I do that with this card, that beats the purpose of masking, doesn't it? So I have left this card in its 2-dimensional state.

Challenge 32 at Colour Create Challenge is to use green, red and white, so that's the colour scheme for this card.

I went for a clean look for this card. Not too much fuss.


On another note, In2stamps has just reveal their 2nd release, the “Birthday Collection”. Ooooh, the images are sooo… cute. You just have to take a quick peek HERE.

Before I sign off, I want to thank everyone who comes to visit me and especially those who leaves me a comment. You have been so encouraging and supportive in your comments. They are very uplifting and mean more to me than you will ever know.

Thanks for dropping by and enjoy your day!

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Heart and Christmas Bench.

DP's: DCWV Holiday stack.

Misc: Kaiser Craft red pearls, So Charming heart charm.






No comments:

Post a Comment