Monday, November 23, 2009

A Simple Beach House



A House can become a character in your life's story. A simple beach house has been a gathering place for my family over the past twenty years. Each visit sees a slightly different cast of characters. Grandparents and parents, aunts and cousins, nephews, nieces, recently my own children and now...friends and their children.




My grandparents rented this house, which belonged to friends in their Lions Club. I now rent it from the grandchildren of those original owners. Thanks Glenna! The past weekend a group of girlfriends and I went down and were welcomed by a winter storm.



Late Saturday night the winds were the strongest I've ever experienced at this house. Sitting around talking after a night out, the entire house was being shaken by the winds coming across the ocean to find its way underneath the house. It felt like a train ride. I actually felt a bit scared knowing the waves were hitting the shore just a few yards from the house.






It is one of my favorite places to spend a bit of time, it is like an old friend. Do you have a special place where you enjoy spending time with family and friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment