Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pretty Pinboards~

Many moons ago I saw these pretty bulletin boards in a PB catalog. I. fell. in. love. I have had them on my project list ever since. This weekend, I finally got around to making me some.




First, I stopped at my favorite thrift/junque/antique shop and found a couple of old frames. (I got both for only $5!) Then, after I started painting the first one, I remembered to take a before photo.




I gave each frame a coat of Nantucket White by Ralph Lauren. Just one coat, because I wasn't interested in creating pristine looking frames. I wanted them to look a little shabby. To add to the shabby-ness, I took a sanding block and knocked a little paint off the tops of the relief.







Then to make the pin-boards, I just wrapped some pretty linen around some cardboard and hot glued it on the back. I would really recommend getting some foam core for a project like this, but I was aiming to use what I had. Popped them in their respective frames and VOILA!





You'll have to check back later this week to see how I use these little lovelies!!

Have a great Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment