Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bedroom makeover Part 3 ~ "White Trash" reveal :)


Update: This post is occasionally updated to stay current.


 The bedroom is finally ready for a reveal! I chose to go with a monochromatic scheme for total serenity. Ready for a little bit of funky? Here we go!  (all 3 bedroom makeover links HERE)

I've affectionately named this room, "White Trash". You'll soon see why. :)


 Basically, everything from this room was derived from the trash or thrift stores.

~ The ladder ~




A happy surprise. I LOVE the extra colours peeking out on the paint ladder rungs after sanding.

~ The headboard ~


An old gate grouped with metal clad siding creates a headboard with substance! The siding was painted and glazed for rustic softness.



~ The bed ~



 You won't find this bed neat, tidy and symmetrical. This bed is about rumpled crumpled comfy bliss.


An old weathered table top becomes the ultimate charming and sturdy bed tray.



 I even created a tutorial on how I made the messy bed. :) Click HERE.

~ The window sill ~



Twinkling tea lights highlight random clear jars placed on an authentic stamped beam.

~ The dresser ~


A naturally crackled vintage dresser is topped with a character filled rusty headboard, creating a unique frame for the wooden framed mirror.  More on the dresser HERE.





My Mom's jewelry box grouped with some thrift store finds further enhance the tone on tone look. The unique shabby lampshade is nothing more than torn strips from a white sheet. How to is HERE.

The elegant teapot was my Mom's wedding gift.




Odds and sods join forces, to create...


... a silent sanctuary of bliss.

I had no budget for a new bedroom. But I wanted something shabby white, so I dug through my garage to find these things and make them work. Nothing in this room is retail new except for the curtain rod I simply made out of a steel rod and the patchwork quilt hidden by the lacy duvet cover. The gate was from the dump. The old door was from a burn pile. All else was from thrift stores. Aside from the odd sheet or pillowcase I've been gathering from the thrifts on an ongoing basis, this room was totally created with things I already had on hand.

For today, the new look is unique, casual, eclectic, eccentric even, very me and...


... my kitten REALLY likes it too :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This bedroom has proceeded to win some awards and features:





Update: to address some questions:

Curtains - simple sheets thrown over a steel rod. The edges are left in their torn state for an extra touch of shabbiness. They are not functional as I don't require the privacy. (mountain view out back)

Paint color - Cloverdale Paints Canada, Bamboo beach

Board and batten wall - kitchen quality white eggshell with 1 drop of black


No comments:

Post a Comment