Monday, November 16, 2009

The Finish Line Is In Sight - Living Room Redesign


I am having to exercise a bit of patience when it comes to the last fabric to be used in the Living Room Redesign. The over the top gorgeous Carlisle fabric, with its pinks + oranges, is on BACKORDER. Isn't that the most dreaded word in decorating? But here I am waiting. The wonderful people at Calico Corners have called me twice with updates...isn't that nice? It is all about managing expectations.

And my expectation is that the final item for this design will end up being a Christmas Present.


In the meantime I did receive the rusty orange Como cotton velvet, which will back the Carlisle pillows. I ordered just enough to squeeze two 12" square pillows out of the yardage as well. I was inspired by my little zebra pillows found a few years back at Pottery Barn. This isn't a size you see often, but perfect to add just a dash of color.




Cut. Sew. Trim. Stuff. Stitch Close. Fluff.
I got a kick out of the fluff step this time around!

The same easy steps I mentioned in a previous post. Yes, pillows can be very elaborate, but basic ones are sooooooo easy to make, really. Anyone who can cut out a square or rectangle, sew a line of stitches on a machine and push in some stuffing can make pillows. Anyone, trust me.



DIY Day @ ASPTL

No comments:

Post a Comment