Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lantern Gift Box

Hello! Happy weekend!

It's time for a new challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenge blog. For the next fortnight (two weeks) the theme for our Challenge #27 is... Christmas decoration/card. The DT members have been creative with this theme, so make sure you hop over to MDUC and check out the other cards and projects. For an added incentive to enter our challenge, there is a price of one of the adorable images from the 2009 So Jolly, So Snowy collection from the Magnolia Down Under *STORE*. So here's what I created:

What I wanted to make was a gift box to go along with the card that I made for the last MDUC Challenge #26. I was trying to make it look similar to the lantern that Edwin is carrying. What do you think? Hmm... Probably would look more like a lantern if I put a handle on it. Ah well, it's a a gift box. The most important thing is......the chocolate inside!!! LOL.

The see-through windows are on two opposite sides and the other 2 sides I've decorated with Edwin on one side and Tilda on the other. They're the same images I used on the card.

I've put another Tilda image under the lid--just for a bit of a surprise for when you open the box, hee hee.

I used the same designer papers here as the ones I used on the card.

Hope the weather improves later on. Saturday here has been nothing but rain, rain, rain. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.



Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Lantern and Edwin with Lantern, Lazy summer day Tilda.
DP's: Basic Grey Wassail Mantle, Provo Craft Holly Argyle.
Tools: Fiskars border punch, Spellbinders oval Nestabilities and Big Shot, Marvy Uchida scallop circle punch.





No comments:

Post a Comment