Sunday, November 8, 2009

Highlights from SNS #4 ~ window treatments

Thanks to all for the wonderful inspiration this weekend on Saturday Nite Special! It was awesome to have a chance to see what others were doing with their windows along with the anything goes theme!

And here are some amazing highlights...



Livin' the Simple Life's  headboard coat rack plus. The added nail head details make this piece amazing!



Beneath My Heart's gorgeous variation of drop cloth curtains. Look at them against the blacks! View this one in a larger format, a small pic doesn't do it justice. I just LOVE how they are draped to the side.



Shanty2Chic's roman shade blinds... I love the two tone effect and detailed addition. They look so high end and custom! Their link takes you to a tutorial on how to make these. This treatment is sooo perfect for these twin windows.



And just how adorable is this shack valance and detailed roman blind from The Painted Home?!? I'm in love with those added stripes as they capture a vintage dish towel feel. A wonderful addition to a themed bedroom!



You have to admit these made from flour sack drying towels and fabric on hand make you smile!! Periwinkle Pass matched them up to some equally cheerful dishes. So fun!



I also just had to show you these she also found. Vavava vooooom! Aren't they something against that rustic brick wall?



Old Post Road shows you total casual elegance in the bedroom. Love the check alongside the sheers. Aren't the bedroom colours to die for?!?





If you thought my hanger idea was original, check out what Great Oak Circle came up with for hanging! Isn't this clever?!?



Polly at Make Mine Beautiful is a 15 year veteran in window treatments, so if you want to see what the experts are doing these days, here's your chance. I adore the pattern and flouncy detail in the one above!



Not only will you get plenty of eye candy, visit Blue Creek Home's tutorial and detailed info. She points out what we ought to be doing to windows and you'll come out of that read with some valuable added knowledge! Thanks Rhonda!



And if you haven't yet caught Cottage Instinct's amazing dining room reveal, allow me to update you. This room is AMAZING. And with Cindy's photography skills, she could probably make my garbage can look like art.. some gals have all the luck, eh?

I wish I could highlight every one of you! I hope my slightly elaborated highlight post will make up for the fact that there isn't a 'deemed ultimate winner.' IMO, if you are creating and making your home beautiful, you've already won. And you get bonus points for sharing with others. :)



Please join in for next weekend's Sat Nite Special Anything Goes party! No theme this round, so bring on any past or present projects you are proud of. I'll be highlighting some of my favs, so get out the paint and nails and hope to see you then!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And here's a little sneak peek at what I've been up to.



In infamous sign headboard has now left the bedroom premesis. ( check out that cheater paint job... soooo busted! ) More to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment