Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Detour Of Sorts - Holiday Decorating


Before jumping into my next redesign project...


Office for the Man of the House
or Bedroom for the Boy of the House

...I thought I'd try something I've never really done before.
Holiday Decor.


Well yes, I've dragged dusty boxes in from the garage, pulling out our hodgepodge of hand me down decorations to scatter about the house. But this year I'm inspired to get creative and really decorate, with a color story no less! Today I gathered the above inspiration during quick shopping trip to Target. I love the mix of silver and gold with the turquoise, silver and muted gold ornaments.

I have no idea exactly what I'm going to do, but with several festivities planned at our home throughout the holiday season I figured why not give it a try. Something like the scenes below...


Above Two Images from CountryLiving.com

What is your favorite decorating project?
If you have any tips, ideas or links to must see
holiday decor...please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment