Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Winter wedding

Hello! Happy Wednesday! We're halfway through the week, yeah!

This is my second and last week at the Designer Spotlight at Simons Says Challenge. I've enjoyed my time with them. Thanks to Chris and the other DT members at Simon Says for giving me the opportunity.

Their theme for their challenge is Winter Love. Well, the theme that I was given was more specific and it was winter wedding, so I was trying to make a wedding card, hee hee. When I was first informed of the theme, my first reaction was...oh oh, am I in trouble!!! I don't have any bride-and-groom images. What should I do, what should I do?... Anyway, this was a real challenge--strained my brain, LOL--and this is what I finally came up with.

Now, since I still don't have a bride and groom, what I've done is made a card featuring Tilda as a flower girl. I don't know if that's appropriate or not for a wedding card, but hey, I have to make do with what I've got, hee hee. This is sort of a short story of Flower Girl Tilda on the wedding day/morning. At the front of the card, she is helping out by placing the bride-and-groom caketop on the wedding cake (aha..I do have a bride and groom!!! hee hee!) .

And in the inside of the card, Tilda is sitting by the church window waiting for the bride to come out, so she can start walking down the aisle.

To make these flower girls, I've done a bit of masking with 2 Tilda images and used the image of a flower garland from another Tilda.
I was supposed to make this a winter wedding. The only thing I could think of was using winter colours. That what I did here and went with blue, white and silver.
Okay, not a traditional wedding card, but I'm quite pleased with how this turned out anyway. Hope you like it too.

Now I must get back to those Christmas cards!!! Yikes, exactly one month before Christmas!!! Full steam ahead now.
Have a wonderful day everybody. Thanks for visiting.

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda Decorate Christmas Tree, Jam Tilda, Church Window and flower garland cut out from Tilda with Flower Garland in Hair; wedding cake and bride-&-groom cake top from American Crafts Brand clear stamp set Wedding.
DP's: Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls Courtyard Blossoms, Chatterbox decorative cardstock Lake Stripe, American Crafts Brand Elegant Gown.
Tools: Martha Stewart heart border punch, MS lace scallop heart punch.
The sentiment is computer generated.





No comments:

Post a Comment