Monday, March 21, 2011

Playing with spring during spring break

You didn't think I could REALLY stay away an entire week, did you? :)

I have a big 'ol confession. I was pretty stressed out last week. After a short couple days just putzing around at my own speed, I feel nearly brand new once again. So before you shake your finger at me reminding me I'm suppose to be playing, I promise you, this was fun. :)


I'm an outdoors kinda girl big time, so when Saturday broke out into unexpected beautiful sunshine,  we dashed outdoors to a yardful of branches and leaves strewn every which way.

This is our first attempt with yard work this year. I didn't clean up properly last fall so our hands were rather full.


I love a good outdoor DIY before. :)


But all the cleanup to be done didn't hold me back from seeing the beauty attempting to emerge from the fray.






Even the weathered hydrangeas held a certain charm. 

Love their whisper thin paper like appearance.


 Next up outdoors?


Creating this of course! It'll be ready next week. (heh...)

Seriously, power washing everything in sight is next. Maybe even while wearing Pj's... (see above if you missed it)

I find yard work totally therapeutic. The plants just do as you say, they don't have to negotiate every move and the only complaint they give you is if they die quietly. :)  Just being outdoors in the silence with the odd outdoor white noise in the sunshine is so enjoyable. Totally the best stress free medicine I could ever find.
  

Oh, right! Wanna see what else I'm getting ready for?


You're going to see a very cool parade start up on Monday April 4th, with the first stop being right here at Funky Junk! 4 homes a day all week long! But don't worry, all the blogs will lead you to the next one in line so you won't miss a thing.

The parade ends with a link party over at Poppies at Play of your own home tour! So get those photo shoots done up and join in.

Click HERE for all the info.


Ok. Time to get back to play once again. I actually started two projects so I'll have some brand new stuff to share with you soon!


Like outdoor posts? Click the button above for the master list.

Have you started your outdoor yard clean up yet? Or are ya still buried under snow? :)
Any cool plans for the yard this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment