Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pink Daisy Birthday Card



Today I have been working on this card while on Skype with Joan during her workshop.  Sounds like everyone is having a good time creating their projects.  Joan will be posting them to her blog on Monday.

I wasn't quiet sure what I was doing when I started this card. The finished size is 5.5" square.  I wanted to make a a rosette to go under an opening on the card.  I tried to use the Tim Holtz rosette, but for this project it was too small, so I created a larger one by using two 12" strips of card stock and scoring it every 1/4".  I cut an opening in the front piece of my card using the largest scallop Nestability.  I didn't like the frame it left, so I use the same die and one just a little smaller and cut a frame that would fit inside the cut area.  It was embossed before taking it out of the die.  I like that look much better.  Because the scores of the rosette are 1/4" the thickness of this card is 1/4" thick.

The flowers were created using the Heartfelt Creations "Daisy Path Flowers Precut Set" and the matching Daisy Patch Dies.  The daisies were stamped using Colorbox Rose Coral ink then cut out with the dies.  I used two different size daisies and layered two together to create each flower.  They were shaped using the Flower Tool Kit from Joan's Gardens.  Four Sizzix branch leaves and four Sizzix "Architectural Accent #3" corners were die cut.  The white background was embossed with the Cuttlebug "Textile Texture" embossing folder.

The embossed front was attached to the large rosette with ScorTape.  The die cut corners were attached then the leaves.  The flowers were arranged over the leaves then Martha Stewart white branches were tucked in to fill some of the empty space.  Tiny pink clear beads were glued into the center of each flower.    The sentiment and frame are from JustRite "You Inspire Me".  The were stamped with black VersaFine ink and clear embossed then cut out with scissors.  It was attached in the center for the rosette with a dimensional glue dot.  Tiny pink pearls were added along the scallops showing on the right side of the card to balance the pink around the circle. 

Well I better get back to the workshop and see how everyone is doing.  Hope you are having a great weekend. 

All products used on the card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment