Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bring Spring Indoors~

I've been wondering when Spring is going to get around to actually making an appearance in these parts. Seems that this season is such a tease. One day the weather is warm, the birds are chirping, and buds are peaking up through the ground. The next day we are being dumped on with snow.

So I've decided to take matters into my own hands and bring a little bit of spring inside. Here are four super simple ways that I've brought spring to the Shabby Nest (try them to bring a little spring to your nest too)...
1. Adding blossoms.

Whether the blossoms are real like these roses...

Or faux like these cherry blossoms...



Flowers just shout "SPRING"!


2. Adding green.


Green is synonymous with spring. Don't worry about using real greenery (unless you want to, of course) such additions as faux topiaries and green spheres help bring in that spring-y feeling.



3. Adding birds.


Anything avian will help to make your home feel spring-ish.


Try adding nests (with eggs, of course!)...



Or little bird-statuary...



Or even bird art as I did on my fireplace mantle.



4. Adding a bit of blue.


Okay, so you might not want to paint a piece of furniture blue like I did...but doesn't it look super spring-y? If you don't want to go for anything quite this dramatic a little bit of blue, like the frame on my mantle - pictured above - will do the trick just as well.



With just these easy-to-add touches my home went from the winter blahs to the warmth of spring. Yours can too!!


Joining up with Centsational Girl's Spring Link-up!


Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment