Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dream yards... with a challenge for you



The above shows the footwear I was wearing yesterday. We've been digging in the garden, but not in the way you may think. Seems our septic tank needed some attention. More to come on that...

Although we were 'forced' outdoors, it was a pleasure to be out there. I truly think the sun gives me happy medicine. And it makes me think of all the prettiness to come.

Not all DIY is about indoors. I love the outdoors and love a good excuse to just get out there! So... I want you to do the same, with a challenge in mind. Read on....

It's time to do a little dreaming. Some realistically possible, some pure dream mode. How could you twist these dreams into a possible reality in your own yard?

(the following pictures are linked to their source)




I could easily modify this to work in my vegetable garden...



I want to find 'just the right dresser' to try this!



What a clever simple idea....



What a sweet little building! I already have the birdbath.... well, the house in a way too...


Me? Pink?!? I do believe I could be easily converted if I was offered this sweet place.


But I know the crate experience is still near and dear to my heart when I see this.


Seriously stunning backyard. The massive picnic table under the lantern-ed tree awaits... add a fire pit and I'm there!


Yeah...

Yes please. I had that vine on my last home front porch. May have to investigate a new one....


Got the boots, now I just need the rest. Check out that floor!


Simply lovely.





Like a ray of sunshine.


How fabulously junky!


I do believe I've just fallen in love with tea pots.



And succulents alongside old typewriters.

Is it possible to be inspired and depressed at the same time? :)

Here's a challenge. I want you to think of one dream plan for your yard this summer. Then go about creating it. We'll do a 'dream yard' link party mid summer with your inspiration. Sound good?
I found an arbor created from branches in a magazine I'd like to emulate. So I'm going to be on the lookout for the right stuff to make it happen.

Here are a few images from my own 2010 yard to prove it's do-able.







More FJI outdoor ideas are HERE.

So.... what's your DIY backyard dream plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment