Friday, March 25, 2011

Magnolia Punched Flower





I have been so excited to post this card.  I created that beautiful magnolia with the three punches shown above.  Using the medium pear punch, 13 ivory pears were punched.  The petals were sponged with dark grey ink then shaped using the Flower Tool Kit.   Using the medium sun punch, one ivory and three light yellow suns were punched.  A dark red marker was used to color the tips of the ivory sun.  All the punched suns were shaped and layered with the ivory sun on the outside.  The stamen in the center of a magnolia is cone shaped.  I was very pleased with the way it turned out.  It really made the flower!  The flower was placed on three leaves I stamped from a stamp in my stash (I don't know the name). 

My inspiration for this flower came from the design paper used from the K&Company "Julianne" paper pack.  I think it turned out looking pretty close to the flowers in the paper.  What do you think?   Can you tell, I really love working with the punches from Joan's Gardens to create lots of different flowers. 

For the center of the card, I die cut the Nestabilities "Fleur De Lis" pendant using ivory card stock.  The sentiment is from the JustRite "You're So Sweet" stamp set.  It was black embossed on ivory card stock and cut out with the Nestabilities Lacy Circles die then layered on top of the Fleur De Lis Pendant. The final embellishment was a few green pearls.

All the products used to create this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

I just received a box from Joan's Gardens and in it are some of the new Cheery Lynn Lacy Doily dies she is now selling in her store.  Now I am very excited to go make a card using one of them.

Thanks for stopping by.  Would love to read your comments about my magnolia.

No comments:

Post a Comment